XXXV panamerican CONGRESS OF TRAUMA, CRITICAL CARE AND EMERGENCY SURGERY
july 27-30, 2023
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS AND RESEARCH COMPETITION
Deadlines for Abstracts and manuscripts submissions for oral presentations:
Phase I: Abstract Submission Guidelines
A. General Requirements
The Panamerican Trauma Society (PTS) encourages all health care personnel interested in trauma care to present an abstract focused on this area. The abstract should describe original research in trauma care, critical care, injury prevention, or burn care. The abstract must consist of original material not published before the XXXV Panamerican Congress of Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery on July 27, 2023 or previously presented in other national or international conferences. Local presentations are allowed.
B. Submission Requirements
C. Selection Process
Phase II. a: Oral Podium Presentation–Research Paper Competition
The 300-word abstracts submitted by April 15, 2023 will be assessed and selected for oral podium presentation. ONLY the corresponding author (contact person) of a selected abstract for oral presentation will be notified via e-mail that his/her abstract has been accepted for oral presentation.
A. General Requirements
The contact author (correspondent) of a selected abstract for oral presentation who sent an abstract by the deadline (April 15, 2023) will be notified via e-mail that his/her work has been selected for oral presentation.
Please note: All abstracts selected for oral presentation must be submitted either as a 3-page manuscript, OR submit a 4-15 page manuscript in order to be eligible to participate in the research competition. All these manuscripts will become property of the PTS Journal (The Panamerican Journal of Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery), which will have right of first refusal.
All manuscripts of selected papers for oral presentations will be published at the Panamerican Journal of Trauma. If you want to publish your work elsewhere, please refrain from submitting an abstract for oral presentation or the research competition.
Deadline for submission of manuscript: July 10, 2023
(Note: This applies only to authors of accepted papers for oral podium presentation) | Top
B. Manuscript Submission Requirements
To be considered for the PTS research paper competition, all participants selected for oral presentations must submit a full manuscript by the specified deadline. Authors must submit a minimum 3 page manuscript to participate in the oral presentation, or a 4-15 page manuscript to enter the research competition (recommended). This manuscript should be submitted as a final report of a research project following the guidelines of scientific journal publications stated in the Panamerican Journal of Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery (PAJTCCES). See Annex 1 "Instructions for Authors" to meet requirements.
C. Instructions for in-person Oral presentation
* Please see the instructions below for the design of your Oral presentation.
All selected papers for oral presentations must be presented electronically in PowerPoint.
D. Instructions for mini-oral presentations
The 300-word abstracts submitted by the end of the day on April 15, 2023 will be assessed and selected for mini-oral presentations. ONLY the corresponding authors (contact person) of selected papers who sent an abstract by the deadline will be notified by email if his/her work has been selected for a mini-oral presentation.
Please see the instructions below for the design of your presentation.
E. Instructions for in-person presentation
Annex 1: Panamerican Journal of Trauma, Critical Care and Emergency Surgery top
Instructions for Authors of Oral Podium Presentations
1. Title Page: The first page of the manuscript should include: title of the manuscript, article type, and name(s) of all authors, including graduate degrees of authors, and the name of institution or affiliation where the work was done.
2. Abstract Structure: An abstract of 300 words or less should be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese. Abstracts are needed for original scientific articles only. Short summaries or introductions in English, Spanish or Portuguese should be submitted for all other articles. The format for the abstract is:
3. Text: The original scientific article should be divided into four sections:
b. Methods of research
Articles should use generic names for drugs and in parentheses it should be provided the trade name, and company. Do not use patient names, initials, or hospital numbers.
4. References: References should be listed in consecutive numerical order as they are cited in the text. Once a reference is cited, all subsequent citations should be to the original number. All references must be cited in the text or tables. References to journal articles should include: authors, title, journal name as abbreviated in Index Medicus, year, volume number, and page numbers in that order. References to books should include: authors, chapter title, if any; editor in any; title of book; year; city and publisher. Volume and edition numbers, specific pages, and name of translator should be included when appropriate. The author is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the references and for their correct text citation.
5. Originality: Manuscript and illustrations submitted for consideration should not have been published elsewhere except for such preliminary material presented to the Panamerican Trauma Society.